Theme/Skin Discussion

HyperSpin Looking theme!!

Collaboration and questions for skinning Maximus Arcade

Moderators: waeberd, mameseer

Re: HyperSpin Looking theme!!

Postby spacegoogie » Sun May 16, 2010 3:41 pm

ClarkKent wrote:Wow! What a great theme! Never thought Maximus Arcade is capable of this... :)

I'm also requesting a 640 x 288 mode as my arcade machine uses this resolution (I have a Hantarex 9110 tube in it)!

Thank you!

Thanks for the kind words, as of now the theme only comes in 640x480. If 640x288 is the only one you can use then I will try to do one in that rez. I can't tell you how long it will take because I have a number of things going on and on top of everything I'm working on the HyperSpacegoogie V2.0.
I will have to re-size everything in the theme and that will take sometime.

Thanks.
spacegoogie
retro geek (+5 charisma)

Postby Alkis30 » Mon May 17, 2010 9:35 am

I can tell by your "silence" in your webpage that you are very busy with the ver.2.0 . That is very good news for many people and we are all very excited and looking forward to it !! Can you please give us some details about this update ? for example the platforms that you made new skins etc ... or even a new video demonstration :-)
Alkis30
retro geek

Postby ClarkKent » Tue May 18, 2010 1:02 pm

spacegoogie wrote:
ClarkKent wrote:Wow! What a great theme! Never thought Maximus Arcade is capable of this... :)

I'm also requesting a 640 x 288 mode as my arcade machine uses this resolution (I have a Hantarex 9110 tube in it)!

Thank you!

Thanks for the kind words, as of now the theme only comes in 640x480. If 640x288 is the only one you can use then I will try to do one in that rez. I can't tell you how long it will take because I have a number of things going on and on top of everything I'm working on the HyperSpacegoogie V2.0.
I will have to re-size everything in the theme and that will take sometime.

Thanks.

OK! Thank you! Would be nice to have the theme for 640 x 288! 640 x 288 is the only high resolution on my Hantarex 9110 arcade monitor that can be displayed without interlace. Using the theme in interlace wouldn't be that nice, silly flickering! ;)

Maybe you can do that also for 2.0 while working on it so you do not have to add this resolution later...
ClarkKent
retro enthusiast

Postby shateredsoul » Tue May 18, 2010 1:12 pm

I had an idea...

you can take the system intro videos (multiple games for a system), convert them to flash vids, and use those instead of system pictures. I was trying to do this but ran across a weird issue.. the mame video from emumovies had a sharp buz sound at the start.. all other systems were fine, but for some reason this particular video kept doing this.
- One day I'll be finished and then I can play -
shateredsoul
retro geek (+5 charisma)

Postby spacegoogie » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:14 am

What's up guys!!?? Just a quick update. I'm getting closer to being done with the updated Theme/skin. Also it's not going to be called HyperSpacegoogie.
It's now "HyperSpace HD V2.0"!!! I'm going with hyperspace to make the name shorter, and HD because I have never released skins in a higher rez than 800x600. The max rez is going to be like 1200x1280. I'm testing that rez on my cab and it looks nice. I don't know if anyone has ever noticed but "SPACEGOOGIE" is hidden (and some are right in your face) on some of the emulator select screens ;-P
If you use the new HS HD in the highest rez look at the Visual PinBall tables. LOL look close at the "Diner" Table. I have always put little hidden things in my work. It's fun. Anywho, It's taking a little longer than I planed do to my health issues, (I was back in the hospital again)But rest assured it will be done soon.
A concern of mine is there are not that many people using my themes/skins. Maybe because they don't know about it or there are really not that many people using MA?? I know how many people are downloading the themes and the numbers are not high. So this is more than likely going to be my final release. If I see allot more people starting to use MA (Help spread the word!!) and their is a bigger demand for newer updated themes then thats a different story. So I'll be back soon. And the next time I post here I should have good news! Take Care Guys!
Thanks to all who have helped me out!
spacegoogie
retro geek (+5 charisma)

Postby Alkis30 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:57 am

Nice to hear good news from you Spacegoogie regarding your upcoming version 2.0 !!! Even though there are indeed a lot of people who left M.A. in the last couple of months (for the well known reasons...) there are still many people who do not want to do this because of you ! (I am one of them..) You gave extra birth and a new life to our lovely frontend with your professional-look skins. You are a very talented man and we will do anything for you not to stop the development of your skins , starting by informing many retro-emulator-cabinet kind forums about your extraordinary work in M.A. ! Keep going man ! I cant wait for the theme !!!

PS1 I wish you good health !
PS2 1280x1024 resolution ! Perfect !! :-)))
Alkis30
retro geek

Postby ClarkKent » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:23 am

Nice to hear about the progress of the next version! :)

I hope you do not forget to include 640 x 288, too!

Thanx!
ClarkKent
retro enthusiast

Postby spacegoogie » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:02 am

Lol I know I said the next time i posted here I would have good news, I don't have bad news I just need some help. First I'm having a really hard time with themes and backgrounds for older emulators. I'm not at my home computer right now so i will come back to this post and edit in a list ( Here is the list:
KAWAKS....(Done 6-16 4:15am)
ODYSSEY 2...(DONE 6-16 3:15pm)
INTELLIVISION.....(DONE 6-16 8:26 pm)
DOS BOX...(DONE 6-16 1:33am Changed To Nintendo GameCube)
MSX...(DONE 6-17 2:30pm)
MSX 2.0...(DONE 6-17 3:49pm)
RAIN.....(DONE 6-16 9:06pm)
SINCLAIR....(DONE 6-17 2:35am Changed To Nintendo DS)
SNK NEOGEO POCKET...(DONE 6-17 1:55pm)
SNK NEOGEO POCKET COLOR...(Done 6-16 11:36pm)
TEZAS INSTRUMENTS...(DONE 6-17 4:12pm Changed to Nintendo Wii)
ULTRA 64....(DONE 6-16 1:07pm)
ZINC...(DONE 6-17 11:45pm)
(I am having a hard time with the above, but the list does get shorter and shorter, eventually I find something but some help or ideas would make it go faster)

of emulators that I'm having a hard time making backgrounds and themes for, maybe you guys could help me out with some background art. The second thing is I need someone who has every emulator running on MA and can also test each resolution thats available. (640x288, 640x480, 1024x768, and 1200x1280) it's ok if you can't test the 640x288.So I'm looking for someone to fully test out my theme before it's released. (when it's ready) You have to make sure (dubble check my work) that everything looks good and i did not miss anything and things line up and preform the way it should and tell me about any problems or errors. Email me at arcadeplayer1@yahoo.com
Please don't feel bad or anything if I don't have you test out the theme.
Thanks much guys, I cant wait for you to see it.
Look closely at the jukebox....hehe

It's now 11:45pm on 6-17. I just finished the last emulator!!!!!!!!! Thank god!! I just got word a few days ago that my wife and kids are moving to Seattle WA! This is something we have to do. We will be moving from Cali. So I was really hoping to have this done before the big move because I have no idea when I would be able to work on it again. But it's pretty much done! I need someone to test it like I stated above. Someone who has every emulator running on MA. Once the theme is tested it will be ready for release!!! So come on guys!!! where is everybody!?!?
HyperSpace HD Ver 2.0 is ready for some testing!!!!
Please note that I changed TEZAS INSTRUMENTS to Nintendo Wii, SINCLAIR to Nintendo DS, and DOS BOX to Nintendo gameCube. I'm hoping everyone is ok with this, if not please let me know and maybe I can make files for the default emulators and you can just drop them into the zip file replacing the Wii,DS, and GameCube. It might be a bit before I can do this.

Resolutions supported in HyperSpace HD 2.0:

640x288
640x480
1024x768
1280x1024

Spacegoogie
spacegoogie
retro geek (+5 charisma)

Previous

Return to Theme/Skin Discussion